We have exciting opportunities for Part-time Shop Assistants to focus on the retail side of our local independent spirits business.
You will be an ambassador for our brand and must have a passion for alcoholic spirits as well as demonstrate exceptional customer service.
This role is varied, and a large percentage of your time will be spent interacting face-to-face with customers - advising on, serving and selling high-quality alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Hours vary but core hours are 10am-4pm - Thursday, Friday, Saturday
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Be passionate about spirits
- Have the confidence to talk to our customers about the drinks we sell
- Be articulate with excellent communication skills
- Be of smart appearance
- Have the ability to engage with and prioritise customer needs
- Show strong attention to detail and be organised, flexible and reliable
- Have the ability to use own initiative and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and be able to multi-task
- Actively live Hotham’s brand-values, i.e. be genuine, passionate, vibrant, committed, innovative, flexible and reliable
- Provide insightful advice to customers looking to purchase a variety of spirits
- Play an active part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Deal with all customer queries efficiently, professionally and consistent with company policy
- At all times adhere to the Challenge 25 policy when selling alcohol
- Assist in the bottling and labelling of our own branded spirits
- Assist with deliveries and be able to lift up to 25kg.
There will also be occasional bar work opportunities during weekend/evenings.
Closing date for applications is 28th February 2019.
Please note that we can only accept candidates over the age of 18 as this role involves selling alcohol. Please do not apply if you can not commit to the shifts patterns. Hotham's reserve the right to close applications early.